Updated: Dec 5, 2022
In order to comply with GDPR call recording consent must not simply be assumed, but must give a clear explanation of why the call is being recorded. One of these six conditions must be fulfilled for call recording:
● Participants have given consent to be recorded for one or more specific purposes.
● Recording is necessary to fulfil a contract to which the participant in the call is a party.
● Recording is necessary for fulfilling a legal obligation to which the recorder is subject.
● Recording is necessary to protect the vital interests of one or more participants.
● Recording is in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the recorder.
● Recording is in the legitimate interests of the recorder, unless those interests are overridden by the interests of the participants in the call which require protection of personal data.